Translate

mardi 1 décembre 2015

A triptych for COP 21.

In the previous posts I presented two works. But I wanted to exhibit something that would be more powerful. Inspired by the initial posters which were English or American, I wanted to have a French reference. One of the most famous French poster, which was also reproduced in stamps, was the appeal of General de Gaulle. So, I produced one with a similar structure, but related to photography and the photographers.


 Poster for the panel The Appeal.

Then, like in "Street Art Photo No. 1", I had to build the image. In Mea Culpa, there is already the idea of religion and guilty humanity which did not respect the Goddess Earth. I decided to evoke a Christian cross composed with the COP 21 posters. The final result was the photo called Appeal.
Because, there is text integrated in the image it had to be presented in a large frame in order to be read. Today it is easy to have large print for a photo, you just need to pay. But with recycled paper that is no more the case for a single sample. Once you find a company that uses these papers, you must adapt to the available sizes: A4 or A3. I decided to present the photo in a panel of 60X90 cm, with an image sized 57x87 cm. I divided the photo in seven pieces, I mean seven files in .pdf format, and imagine that it would be simple to glue them together after. Practically the printing and gluing were more complicated, and the result I present for the exhibition is far from being perfect. This just confirms how critical the situation is and shows clearly the compromises we have to accept as long as the industry or the technology does not provide an acceptable alternative. 
 
 
 
Photo called : The Appeal.©2015
 
Today there is an urgency around environmental questions therefore I have chosen to produce images in the spirit of war propaganda.  I use a religious iconography because I feel that all the elements are present to transform ecology into the world religion of the XXIth century and this can be dangerous. We are responsible for our actions and have to adopt corresponding behaviours. 
 
 
 Display of the photos (Mea Culpa, The Appeal, Genesis) in the exhibition from the AAB.

My influence is reduced as a simple citizen and artist, but at least I do something at my level. If, we add all similar initiatives we might finally succeed in improving the things.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire