Translate

dimanche 25 octobre 2015

« Au-delà du Réel » (Outter Limits) my first experience as an exhibition organizer for the Ateliers des Artistes de Belleville, 29 October – 9 November 2015

   


Poster of the exhibition. 

For seven months I have prepared a collective exhibition of photos. The task is not easy because I had no experience in this field, there was not in the beginning a big motivation within the association to participate and this event had been organized in the past with success. I have selected different subjects that  had to be open enough and original. The final choice was for « Au-Delà du Réel » (Beyond Reality).  Next week the exhibition will take place in the gallery of the A.A.B., 17 artists including me will be shown with 55 works. I have provided a large amount of work to advertise the event in the press using Internet.


Before September  I intended to present previous photos because I had not been very creative, but this changed completely when I started to work on a new subject: La Géode, which is a spherical building near the Cité des Sciences a 360° panoramic screen. The exterior of the architecture is covered with metallic tiles that reflect the sky and its environment. I do not know why, but my creativity came back and finally I decided to present a set of four completely new photos.


Love Planet, a photo composition made with a duplicated "Panoroïd" and Photoshop.


In complete contradiction with what I have produced until now I have used Photoshop and photo-compositions for the event. It will be interesting to look at the reactions of the public. I have tried to do my best but the situation in France regarding the art market is so flat, that it is impossible to provide any forecasts. A next post will comment the results of the show. Cross fingers!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire