Translate

mardi 25 juin 2013

My catalog of self-edited booklet

My booklets allow you to understand how I generally work. I consider myself as a craftsman and to work on a subject I have to respect a certain methodology that requires to learn how my subject is built and will allow me afterwards to look for really innovative images. As I am quite high in my standards,  its happens that sometimes I have to work several days on an idea of a photo because when I am shooting it I am not able to see correctly the details on the back screen of my digital camera. So it is only in the evening, back home that I can test the impact of the photo on my 20"computer screen.



When I begin the photos I have generally no idea of what I will get, sometimes I am attracted by an aspect I have not studied yet. I am pleased when I reach a state of understanding of the subject that allows me to shoot instinctively, almost in « transe ». It also happens that I need several days to reach what I was expecting. I want to be surprised or « stoned » by the image , then it is pure magic.



Presentation of the booklet relative to Island Saint Louis located in the center of Paris.
Vol 7, L'autre Ile Saint-Louis, The Other Saint-Louis Island.
Réf. Vol715A5Spi


For all these reasons I decided to present my work through single photos and booklets when the subject is adapted. The latter have the advantage to be used as a catalog if someone wants to order a photo not immediately available. The panoroïde catalog for 2013 contains about 300 photos and 20 booklets. Each booklet will be presented in the present blog. The booklets generally contain 15 or 20 images, they are laser printed on a 160gr white paper, cover and back page are of plastic for the small standard reference size : 14,85 x 21 cm, half A4 or A5, 5,85 x 8,27 inches.


      
The content of the booklet is the following : a cover page, a presentation and a summary of the photos  page and one page per photo. The booklet is written in French, the English translation of the texts will be presented in the present blog in the posts presenting the corresponding volumes.

Presently the booklets are written in French, and their size is 14,85 x 21 cm, European A5 size (half A4) or 5"85 x 8"27. The small texts will have their translation edited in the present blog in their corresponding future post. 

The booklets can be ordered in a bigger size, 21 x 29,70 cm, A4 format, or 29,70 x 42 cm, A3 format, but presented unbound containing individual plates. In these publication the photos are reproduced as laser copies on a 160gr white paper. The cover and back page are made of transparent plastic.


Prices without shipping.

                                                      Standard A5                        Folio A4                                Folio Luxe A3
                                                        booklet                                                                                      Limited ed.

15 panoramics                    25 €    33 USD                        50 €   66 USD                          80 €   100 USD


20 panoramics                    30 €    40 USD                        60 €   80 USD                        120 €   150 USD



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire