Translate

mercredi 19 juin 2013

My first Panoroïd sold in 2012 : A self-portrait.


Self Portrait
Panaroïd Titel:    Shadow's Rolling Out. (Déroulement d'une ombre)
Panaroïd reference :        14 08 V04

This is the first photo sold in my first public presentation on the 25th june 2012 (during the Nuit de la Photo, Place Saint Sulpice, Paris). It was purchased by a polish woman who did not want to show a photo from Paris that would represent the Eiffel Tower to her friends. At that period I had not produced the "Eiffelnoïdes" (See future posts, Booklet nos. 4 & 5).

When it is possible I try to tell a small story with my images. This belongs to the first attempts to apply my technique to a person and not a still monument. My shadow was easy to convince to accept the trial. It also respected my anonymity. Of course my shadow is much nicer and thin than the real subject of reference. This subject is now a subject I work regularly on, see future posts on "Self-Shadows", Booklet no. 17.

This subject is symbolic of my way of working and is representative of my attitude about creativity in photography in France. In my country legislation regarding the taking of a photo and then its distribution/selling is very restrictive. For instance to reproduce the portrait of a person and sell it you need a written acceptation from the person in the photo if she can be recognized.  By choosing my shadow I remain free of all this legislation. Secondly a shadow, a pavement is not expensive. Every one can imitate me and find a similar environment to produce a creative image and enter in a friendly open challenge. It is just and only a question of creativity.

email : denoronhapanoramic@gmail.com

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire