Translate

dimanche 8 mai 2016

Commemorative exhibition to "Je suis Charlie" in the AAB gallery on January 2016.


 It was important for me to symbolically show my commitment with the spirit that came out from the « Je suis charlie » events. The artistic association I belong planned an exhibition to commemorate this spirit. Called « Je suis artist » (I am an Artist) it took place beginning January from the 8th to 17th. I also contributed to the organization of the show. Initially I thought I would present previous works realized in 2015, but the last events of the 13th November urged me to be more creative and present something completely new I had not done before.
So I decided to present 4 works. 3 panoramic bands based on street-art paintings  from locations directly involved in the dramatic events of November 2015 : a wall just beside the restaurant Cambodge based rue Aligre and fences installed around a bar located in the middle of place de la République.

As the walls and fences were quite long I could not use my « Traveling photo » technique. So I took several classical photos which were merged with Photoshop. Then in order to express my contribution I integrated my Panoroïds photos.






The generic title for these new panoramic photos was « Jean chante Paris» (John sings Paris- but there is a joke with the French verb "J'ENCHANTE" which means "I lay a spell on Paris") and each work was named after a song or poem celebrating Paris.

For me my photos are like writings and I consider that one of the missions of the artist is to « Sing his world around ». Along with the works we had to provide with few words as a commentary.  Mine was :

Etre artiste à Paris en 2015 s’est avéré difficile. Nous
représentons la liberté de création. Entre émotion
et information, notre contribution reste indispensable. Ma réponse
est une série de photos panoramiques intitulées « Jean chante Paris ».
Chaque photo est un chant du griot photographe que je suis. 


Being an artist in Paris in 2015 has been difficult. We represent creativity and freedom. Between emotion and information our contribution remains an obligation. My answer is a group of panoramic photos named « Jean chante Paris » (John sings Paris).  Each photo is a song from the photographic bard I am.

1) Paris sera toujours Paris. Paris will always be Paris.  (Music : Offenbach, French Cancan, variété, Bataclan..) Maurice  Chevalier, 20x90 cm



2) Paris j’ai deux Amours  (Paris I have two loves. (Paris historique et la photo) Baker, 20x90 cm





3) Feux (Lumière, flammes, bougies, fleurs, amour, mort, hommages) Aragon, 20x90 cm





Paris sera toujours Paris panoramic features a wall paintiong from the Place de la République that became emblamatic.It reproduces the Coat of Arms and Motto  of the city «  Fluctuat nec mergitur », a Latin phrase meaning "Tossed but not sunk".
"Paris sera toujours Paris" panoramic features a street-wall painting from the Place de la République that became emblematic.  To it I have added special a collection of Panoroïds representing the Eiffel Tower dancing specially lighted for the commemoration during two weeks.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire