Translate

lundi 9 mai 2016

A new trial with Galerie no1 to try to be noticed.


To prepare 2016 and decide how I will proceed I needed  to feature the situation correctly. During my travel to Portugal in January I had the opportunity to show my works to the only « big » photo gallery of the country. During the appointment it appeared  clearly  that I lost a lot of credibility for the owner of the shop when I explained why I had no limited and numbered collection of photos. So it was completely necessary to have a stock of photos devoted to this market. Furthermore, the direct sales becoming scarce and requiring more investments I needed to have a pricing  for a group of photos that could allow to pay the commission and fees of a partner.

When I entered the AAB association one objective was to be able to find new distribution networks. After one year, it became clear that this structure was not adapted to generate sales.

So, I contacted again Galerie no. 1 in Paris and joined two small exhibitions in order to extend my connections.


 The pearl of the Tage (River of Lisbon- View of the Bridge 25th April)

My first participation was for a collective booth in the exhibition called « 4arts » that took place in the Marais in the center of Paris. As it took place mid February, Galerie No. 1 decided to collect works around a big subject that is « LOVE ». I presented two photos in 30x40cm: Planet Love 2 (see previous post of November 2015) and a new photo resulting from my Portuguese trip.

Last year the informations I had from this show where good.  That explains why I wanted to be present to have the feeling of the show. The results where globally bad, only few exhibitors managed to sell. Located in the Marais I expected to see a higher quality in the visitors, but it did not happen.  Last year the « Journées du Patrimoine » took place on the same day and this event attracted a better public. Nevertheless it appeared clearly that if I wanted to be noticed I needed to have bigger photos to catch directly the visitor's eyes. So it will be more profitable to exhibit a bigger size than two small.
 




The other small show I joined was called « Collage » (Pasting). I decided to present the panel realized for the COP 21 exhibition of the AAB (see the post in December 2015). The gallery partners found that the purpose of the work was interesting and that it could be worth to try to launch a petition with « change.org » web site.  We did it! If you consider that there is an urgency to promote « green  photography »  you can join my petition, which presently written in French.



Today the 9th May the industrials have no need to be afraid, I have only 13 signatures.


 

1 commentaire:

  1. Good morning (and apologies for using English)
    I am a PhD candidate from the Australian National University in Canberra seeking to contact Jean regarding his research into Francis Bacon's rugs. If this is the correct person, could you please drop me a line at: u6621736@anu.edu.au so I may respond more fully?
    Many thanks in anticipation
    Andrew Gaynor
    Melbourne

    RépondreSupprimer